So far on L5R’s website we have:
- Burn The Village, is an anti-blitz card which seems well received and may be an instant staple.
- Oyo Seido, is a cheap temple that should help many decks keep from away being eliminated due to honor loss.
- Akodo Kin, a 3/3 Lion clan samurai/commander for 6 with 3 personal honor and the ability to give all of your attacking personalities and followers +1 force. Did I mention he is non-unique?
- Groves of Stone, a spell to increase or decrease provincial strength by 3.
- Furumaro, a 5/4 ronin personality that makes other personalities with no base abilities cheaper, is hard to kill, and bows enemy cards (destroys them if they are Shadowlands). This personality would make Blitz decks even faster, but will its 10 gold cost keep it out?
- Generosity, an event that gives everyone 3 gold.
- Hiruma Shigeo, a 6/3 Crab clan samurai that bows attachments as an open action.
- Chain and Sword, a +3/0 weapon for 3 gold that reduces a personalities force by three or unbows the equipping personality. Sadly it is unique.
On L5R’s Facebook Album we are seeing a series of cheap, fast personalities that all have some sort of drawback.
- Doji Kazuo, a 2/3 Crane clan samurai/courtier/duelest for 5 with 3 personal honor who is destroyed if any of his fellow personalities looses a duel or any other player has more family honor.
- Agasha Kusadao, a 2/3 Phoenix clan shugenja/air/water/alchemist for 5 with 3 personal honor who is destroyed if any other player has more rings or more temples in play.
- Bayushi Kindebu, a 3/3 Scorpion clan samurai/courtier for 5 with 2 personal honor who is destroyed if no other player has a dishonored personality at any time.
- Moto Chuluun, a 3/2 Unicorn clan samurai/cavalry for 5 with 1 personal honor who is destroyed at the end of any combat in which he was opposed.
I will update as more cards are previewed and I have time.
© 2009 – 2010, Joe Little. All rights reserved.